regulatory oversight, air navigation services and aviation training in
- Identify and implement HR strategies in line with the KCAA’S Strategic plan
- Create and monitor a Human Resource Development Plan to ensure high calibre human capabilities now and in the future to deliver on business strategies of the Authority
- Implement and continuously review the KCAA’s human capital management policies and practices.
- Implement appropriate staff assessment and evaluation practices, including performance appraisals, for recruitment and developmental processes
- Propose innovative remuneration and reward systems that drive appropriate employee behaviors and culture change
- Provide guidance, supervision and coordination of KCAA’s man-power planning
- Measure Human Resource performance and link HR metrics to business performance.
- Ensure key Human Resource targets in terms of productivity, performance appraisal, employee satisfaction, occupational health and safety are met.
- Advise Business Unit Heads and staff on the implementation and interpretation of Human Resource policies and regulations
- Coach and develop subordinates to improve performance, knowledge and skills.
- Develop, Manage and control the department’s expenditure within agreed budget thresholds
- Implement the Authority’s disciplinary Procedure guidelines
- Oversee the Authority’s Change Management process
- Handle all union matters including the CBA negotiations
- Performs any other duty assigned by the Director Corporate Services or KCAA management.
- Masters Degree in either Human Resource Management; Business Administration; Organizational Development and Management, or Labour Management from a recognized university;
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or related professional qualification;
- Certificate in Performance and quality control will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years in a senior Human Resource management role in a comparable organization
- Must be a member of Institute of Human Resource Management
- Knowledge of HR information Management Systems
- Knowledge of Labour Laws
- Change management and negotiation skills
- Written and verbal Communication
- Proficiency in office suite and desktop publishing tools
- Proven experience in management and people skills
and qualified candidates for the job vacancies should submit their
hardcopy applications quoting the Job Reference on the envelope and
application letter, copies of certificates, testimonials, a copy of the
National I/D Card and a detailed CV indicating current day time
telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the
address below to be received not later than 29th January 2016.
Those who had applied for Director, ASSR position earlier are encouraged to reapply.
Female and persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA Complex – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.