regulatory oversight, air navigation services and aviation training in
This is a permanent and pensionable position in KCAA establishment
- Prepare and implement the department’s operational plan and budget to achieve targets in line with the KCAA’s strategic plan.
- Develop and propose policies, standards, regulations and legislation to ensure that the regulatory framework of the KCAA is aligned and compliant with ICAO annexes as well as other regional and international conventions of which Kenya is a member State.
- Approve aviation personnel certificates and licences as appropriate;
- Register and deregister aircraft.
- Develop, maintains and directs the management of aviation examinations including medical examinations for personnel licensing purposes.
- Approve inspection guidance material, manuals and procedures for aviation personnel.
- Advice and guides management and the Industry on the interpretation and application of aviation safety standards and regulations.
- Provide job descriptions and assigns duties to all staff in the department.
- Conduct regular performance reviews of staff in the department to determine training and development needs and ensure the highest standards of performance and conduct are being adhered to.
- Work closely with Internal Audit and Quality Management department to ensure good governance and practices in the department and effective implementation of inspection, surveillance and licensing processes.
- Work closely with human resources department to plan man-power requirements in the department.
- Review and approve reports and recommendations / rejections for certifications and licenses.
- Coordinate and liaise with other departments as may be necessary.
- Prepare and recommend approvals for examiners.
- Implement State Safety Programme requirements.
- Identify the licensing/certification requirements and implements appropriate strategies to ensure the technical standards and competence levels are maintained in the delivery of licenses.
- Enforce the relevant Civil Aviation Regulations and recommends appropriate actions.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director, ASSR
- A Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent from a recognized university;
- A relevant Master’s Degree in a related field from a recognized university.
- Commercial Pilots License (CPL) will be an added advantage;
- At least five (5) years’ experience at senior level in the aviation Industry;
- Training in Management or Leadership would be an added advantage;
- Government Flight Operations Inspectors training/ Safety Oversight Managers Course is an added advantage;
- Demonstrable people management abilities will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and with strong leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be analytical, innovative and strategic thinker
and qualified candidates for the job vacancies should submit their
hardcopy applications quoting the Job Reference on the envelope and
application letter, copies of certificates, testimonials, a copy of the
National I/D Card and a detailed CV indicating current day time
telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the
address below to be received not later than 29th January 2016.
Those who had applied for Director, ASSR position earlier are encouraged to reapply.
Female and persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA Complex – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.