the Government of Kenya established by the Standards Act, Cap 496 of the
Laws of Kenya in July 1974.
provide Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment services
(SMCA) through promotion of standardization in commerce and industry,
provision of testing and calibration facilities, control of the use of
standardization marks, undertaking educational work in standardization,
facilitation of the implementation and practical application of
standards, maintenance and dissemination of the International System of
Units (SI) of measurements.
KEBS wishes to recruit an innovative, proactive and result oriented individual for the following position:
Job Role: Develops, reviews and implements Human resources policies, strategies, programmes and procedures to support KEBS Strategic goals and objectives to enhance individual and organizational performance
- Leads in the development, review and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures to provide an employee-oriented high performance culture
- Develops strategies and solutions for implementing the Corporate Strategies and Objectives.
- Manages the recruitment and Selection process in the organization to fill vacant positions within the approved establishment
- Provides technical advice to the Directors, the management team and staff on Human Resources policy issues and regulatory framework.
- Communicates to all staff through memos, circulars ,emails on policies, Human Resources programmes like Wellness Programmes, Staff Changes and contemporary issues for smooth flow of information within the organization
- Leads in the development and implementation of staff benefits and rewards for the organization to attract and retain talent
- Facilitates staff training and development process in the organization to enhance the staff competencies and individual and Organizational Performance
- Develops ,reviews and monitors the Human Resources Budget
- Manages the performance management and the implementation of the Government of Kenya Performance Contract to enhance employee and organizational productivity.
- Manages both the Human Resources Information System and manual human resources records, documents and files
- Manages Succession Planning in the organization to ensure business continuity for critical positions in the organization
- Maintains Employee relations within the organization for harmonious work relations
- Manages staff exit process to ensure separation and clearance from the organization
- Liaises with external bodies on staff matters like embassies for visa, Banks for staff loans, consultants for surveys, Training institutions for trainings and internship.
- Maintains the Quality Management systems in the department
- Represents the organization on external forums requiring Human Resource expertise
- Ensures mainstreaming of the Risk management process in the human resource department.
- Keeps custody of approved human resource documents for reference for example, the Organization Structure, Career Guidelines, Staff Allowances, Establishment , Human Resources Policy
- Undertakes surveys to get feedback on various staffing issues including Satisfaction
- Attending meetings and representing the organization on different activities external
- Ad Hoc Committees of Organizational issues
Minimum Academic Qualification: Master’s Degree or Post graduate Diploma in HR.
Professional Certification / Qualification: Member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
Relevant work experience: 9 – 10 Years with 5 years in a supervisory/managerial role.
Competencies / Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the Kenya Labour laws
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems to implement best practices
- Knowledge of Human Resources Management Information system for efficient management of the human resources function.
- Knowledge of corporate governance
- Knowledge of workforce analysis to determine optimum staffing levels
- Knowledge of government operations and regulatory requirement for alignment
- Knowledge of talent management models to lead in the process
- Knowledge of current affairs and best practices in the Human Resources field.
- Knowledge in strategic management
- Knowledge of professional interview techniques to guide the Interview panels
- Report writing,
- change Management,
- industrial relations,
- Emotional intelligence,
- Investigation and fraud detection,
- Interpersonal Relations,
- Negotiation and Conceptual skills
including a filled application form for employment, curriculum vitae
and copies of relevant certificates should be submitted online HERE
Qualified Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be received by 10th February 2016.
KEBS is an equal opportunity employer