the Government of Kenya established by the Standards Act, Cap 496 of the
Laws of Kenya in July 1974.
provide Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment services
(SMCA) through promotion of standardization in commerce and industry,
provision of testing and calibration facilities, control of the use of
standardization marks, undertaking educational work in standardization,
facilitation of the implementation and practical application of
standards, maintenance and dissemination of the International System of
Units (SI) of measurements.
KEBS wishes to recruit an innovative, proactive and result oriented individual for the following position:
Job No: FST/ICT/HR/2015-02
Job Role: Responsible for identifying new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity
Job Grade: KS 3
- Works with the Head of Department ICT to Develop, document and manage ICT standards, policies and procedures and create awareness and ensure full implementation and regular reviews
- Evaluates new technologies, impacts and other concerns for design and upgrade of systems network wide
- Designs and configures KEBS Disaster Recovery Policies (DRP) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Plans, organizes, trains, supervises and oversees the services and staff of the Network and communication Infrastructure section engaged in providing technical assistance to departments
- Builds, tests and installs Network and communications Infrastructure solution, assists in trouble shooting, problem determination and implementation solutions for user departments
- Oversees Network and Communications related projects and advices/reports to Head of department
- Orders, track and manage all aspects of network and communication infrastructure, monitors vendors contracts and plans for acquisition and upgrades
- Carries out staff appraisal, personal and professional development, leave management and succession planning
- Evaluates needs from the business and managing demands thereof through timely execution of the solutions and regular communication
- Acts as HOD ICT
- Represents KEBS externally in ICT related activities
- Participates in the Evaluation of ICT related tenders
Job Grade: KS 3
Minimum academic qualification:
- Bsc in Computer Science, IT from a recognized university
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or MCITP – Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- Project Management
- Skills / Knowledge of the following; Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Exchange Server, LANs,WANs, Virtualization, EMC Storage, TCP/IP Routing, SANS, SQL Server, Network Design, Firewalls, Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Encryption Technologies, System Monitoring and Management, Data Leak Prevention Solutions
- Working Experience and exposure to VMware and EMC
- Good Working Knowledge of information Governance, risk and its application within IT
- Ability to manage and implement projects with due diligence and Integrity
- Team Player
- Interpersonal Skills
- Counselling skills
- Analytical Team Player
including a filled application form for employment, curriculum vitae
and copies of relevant certificates should be submitted online HERE
Qualified Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be received by 10th February 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEBS is an equal opportunity employer