the Government of Kenya established by the Standards Act, Cap 496 of the
Laws of Kenya in July 1974.
provide Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment services
(SMCA) through promotion of standardization in commerce and industry,
provision of testing and calibration facilities, control of the use of
standardization marks, undertaking educational work in standardization,
facilitation of the implementation and practical application of
standards, maintenance and dissemination of the International System of
Units (SI) of measurements.
KEBS wishes to recruit an innovative, proactive and result oriented individual for the following position:
Job No: FST/ICT/HR/2015-03
Job Role: Responsible for identifying new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity
- Supports the HOD ICT in the conceptualizing and application of creative, innovative, appropriate, reliable and integrated technological solutions that enable KEBS to efficiently and effectively fulfill its mandate.
- Ensures that IT systems are aligned with business processes, and engage business stakeholders in process reviews to ensure cost reduction improved turnaround time.
- Carries out needs analysis in automation of business applications that support KEBS mandate.
- Provides, develops, supports in conceptualizing IT strategies, policies and procedures in line with best practice though research, analysis and evaluation of new applications technologies and making recommendations for their deployment.
- Participates in project management by advising project team in software development/acquisition as per the user department specifications and ensure proper system testing is done.
- Handles setting up and monitoring contracts with external suppliers for the provision of technical support as required;
- Prepares annual budget and plans for the section
- Monitors appropriate deployment, support and maintenance of outsourced software as per the running legal contracts.
- Participates in the evaluation of ICT related tenders
- Trains in Information Security Management system and user applications trainings
- Represents KEBS in ICT related activities that will assist the organization improve its services.
- Acting ICT Head of department
Job Grade: KS 3
Minimum academic qualification:
- Bsc in Computer Science, IT from a recognized university
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) certificate
- Project Management certificate
- Certificate in IT Service Management
Skills and Abilities
- Analytical and report-writing skills with a grasp of contemporary developments in ICTs;
- Leadership, management, resource mobilization and decision making skills
- Creativity, innovation and a passion for continuous learning and development;
- Good interpersonal, team-building and communication skills;
- Coaching and mentorship
- In depth knowledge of Sage ACCPACC ERP
- In depth knowledge of ATL Sample master LIMS
- Team Player
- Interpersonal Skills
- Counselling Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Analytical Team Player
including a filled application form for employment, curriculum vitae
and copies of relevant certificates should be submitted online HERE
Qualified Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be received by 10th February 2016.
KEBS is an equal opportunity employer