The Kenya Chamber of Mines (KCM) is the leading mining sector representative in Kenya.
Established in 2001 as a not-for-profit organization, KCM is the preferred interlocutor for government, communities and other stakeholders in the mining sector.
We are seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Reporting to the Executive Council (EC), the CEO has primary responsibility for the development and oversight of operations and programme development functions of KCM.
The focus of this role is to provide leadership; develop and execute strategy for growth, create methods of accountability and measures to ensure exceptional service delivery to KCM members.
- Support the EC in providing strategic direction, leadership for team to achieve KCM’s
- Identify new programme initiatives and expand existing opportunities that align to KCM’s growth strategy
- Prepare periodic, analytical and precise performance reports to the EC and make recommendations for improvements
- Maintain knowledge on mining sector trends and developments locally, regionally and globally
- Ensure compliance with in-house policies and procedures as well as statutory requirements
- Facilitate exceptional service delivery to KCM members and stakeholders
- Manage talent and lead the implementation of defined corporate culture, change management initiatives, etc.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.
- Strong professional experience and background in business development, marketing, financial accounting & corporate planning.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership skills and excellent communication / presentation and social skills.
- A Master’s degree, knowledge and/or experience in extractives and International experience will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years relevant working experience.
How to Apply
Applications must include curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials to be sent ONLY by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting subject title as “Vacancy for CEO”.
The deadline for the applications is 30th January 2016 at 12 noon.
Only short listed candidates shall be notified and canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.