reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
The main purpose of the role is to manage the learning and professional development of employees and provide expertise in Learning & Development.
The selected candidate will be responsible but not limited to the following duties:
- Carry out Training Needs Analysis (TNA) for respective businesses, departments and subsidiaries prioritizing the application of training solutions
- Develop curricular for specific business needs including learning content, learning road maps, presentation of learning material in alignment with current and future business strategy
- Manage and deliver the whole training cycle including developing and implementing a training calendar
- Undertake continuous research and development on current and new training methodologies with a view of improving competency level of employees
- Undertake regular training curriculum reviews with a view of adopting and implementing best practice approaches to training
- Enhance organizational effectiveness through coaching, consulting and problem solving activities
- Maintain records and preparing statistical reports to evaluate performance and monitor progress of trainees
- Monitor and analyze Training and Development budget for the Corporation — keep track of Training & Development expenditure ensuring reconciliation of Training & Development accounts and ensure the Training & Development expenditure is within allocated budget
- Facilitate payments relating to Training & Development in liaison with Finance Division to ensure that invoices and bills are settled in a timely manner.
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, business related or in any social science.
- They should have a higher diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution, knowledge of Enterprise Resource planning application will be an added advantage.
- They should be members of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- They should have at least five years in relevant experience two of which should have been in a senior / supervisory position.
- In addition they should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good organization and management skills.
Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or
should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting
the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for
the position to:
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P.O Box 30271,00100 GPO
Closing Date: 5th February 2016