Career Opportunity: National Coordinator
Kenyan Network of Cancer Organizations (KENCO), is an umbrella body of 20 cancer civil society organizations and community based cancer groups working across Kenya in cancer screening, advocacy, public education, and patient support.
Its mandate is to support a unified approach to addressing the cancer problem in Kenya.
If you are self-driven and creative with strong leadership skills and a passion for cancer, then KENCO is looking for you to help it deliver its mandate to the member organizations.
Among Others Responsibilities, You Will Be Expected To:
- Provide leadership for the implementation of the KENCO strategic plan.
- Lead the recruitment and retention of cancer organizations and cancer CBO’s into the network and provide leadership for the day to day running of the network secretariat.
- Identify developments in cancer control and share the same with all KENCO member organizations.
- Support the development and implementation of knowledge management and knowledge sharing activities within the network.
- Networking with relevant actors including the media to increase visibility of the KENCO member organizations and Represent KENCO in all cancer forums and meetings
You Must Have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Projects Management or equivalent with experience working in the health sector.
- Working knowledge of Public Relations and Marketing will be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing and executing strategic advocacy or fundraising programs in healthcare preferably in NGO or civil society setting.
- Proficiency in Social Media and office computer packages with excellent oral and written communication skills, and experience with narrative & financial report writing.
- Strong negotiation, networking, advocacy and relationship building skills.
If You Believe You Are The One We Are Looking For:
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 21st January 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that this is a one year fixed contract.