Overview: Kilifi plantations Ltd is one of the leading agricultural farms in Kenya located within Kilifi County.
The Role: Automotive electricians install, maintain, identify faults and repair electrical wiring and computer-based equipment in motor vehicles and related equipment, such as caravans, trailers, earthmoving equipment, mining equipment, marine applications and agricultural equipment.
The Automotive electrician should perform the following tasks:
- work with computer-controlled engine management systems
- service, identify and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, anti-lock braking, cruise control, automatic transmission, airbags and air conditioning
- install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in vehicles
- install electrically operated accessories such as radios, heating or demisting equipment, air conditioners, driving lamps and anti-theft systems
- refer to circuit diagrams, and use meters and test instruments to find electrical faults
- adjust engine control systems and timing to ensure vehicles are running at peak performance
- test, recondition and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries
- repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches
- use hand tools, specialised electrical tools, instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes
- solder or weld when repairing electrical parts
- sell and install electrical parts and accessories
- install, repair and service air conditioning systems.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in automotive engineering from a recognized institution.
- Valid driving license will be an added advantage
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience
- Must be practically and mechanically oriented
- Must be able to think logically and clearly
- Must have self-discipline
- Must be psychologically and medically fit
- Must possess good vision and be able to identify different colors
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be safety conscious, to avoid unnecessary accidents
- Must have business sense and good judgment
- Must care about the quality of work to be done and have customer satisfaction in mind.
- Automotive electricians are usually required to wear protective clothing. They may have contact with customers.
To apply for this position, send a one-page cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role and your CV of no more than three pages to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Auto Electrician Application”.
Closing date: 29 Jan 2016