Kiswahili Teaching Job at St.Jennifer Hawthorne Samber Quality School in Homabay County
Job Key Responsibilities:
- Specialise in and should be able to teach Kiswahili well around all classes.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupils behaviour needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through academic conferences and other means to discuss pupils’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupils needs and cooperates with other staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards.
- Maintains professional competence.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group-standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees.
What we expect from you;
- Have P1 training certificate from a recognized institution; Diploma or B.e.d will be an added advantage. Priority will be given to those who have experience in Kiswahili
- Have to least 2 years’ experience teaching upper primary, particularly Class 7&8
- Be willing to give in extra hours at no extra pay
- Have good communication skills
- Male teachers are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Be able to work with under minimal supervision
What we offer:
- Competitive starting scale salary
- One year contract renewable based on performance.
- All meals provided in school
- Free Accommodation
- Admirable work environment.
- We are an Institution of Quality and Value for all.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org/ posted to St.Jennifer Hawthorne Samber Quality School, P.O Box 19146 Kisumu or dropped at physically at our office in Gem Central Location, Off Asumbi Complex along Asumbi- Andingo Roard before 10th/02/2016.