Job Title: Branch Supervisor
Division / Department: Underwriting
Immediate Supervisor: Branch Manager
Overall Responsibility: The position is responsible for assessing risks in accordance with laid down underwriting procedures in the company and to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to customers
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing all applications for insurance to determine the profiles of risks presented to the company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise.
- Reviewing all reports from various service providers relating to applicants for insurance
- Ensuring renewal notices are sent out on time and processing of renewal reports
- Ensuring that all activities related to underwriting are properly coordinated and enforced
- Ensuring timely preparation and dispatch of policy documents.
- Assisting the branch manager in signing of accountable documents.
- Timely processing of quotations and tender documents
- Liaising with intermediaries for business support
- Reviewing policies with debt and taking appropriate action.
- Processing of credits and refunds and other relevant endorsements
- Assisting the branch manager in day- to- day administration of the branch operations.
- Supervising and staff development
- Updating and maintaining credit note registers and policy dispatch registers
- Motivating and talent management of staff.
- Any other duties assigned by management in line with task
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Pass in at least two papers in ACII or equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of underwriting and pricing
- Knowledge of products and services
- Claims Knowledge
- Risk Perception and assessment
- Underwriting management process
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly complete and submit a duly filled form fill it in using Application Form HERE on or before Monday, January 25th 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”