Overall Responsibility: Responsible
for identifying and opening new markets, recruitment and growing
business from new intermediaries, soliciting and acquiring business from
corporate and large clients, new product development and competitor
- Generate Business Development and Distribution strategies and carry out market research within and outside the Company.
- Prepare annual budget for the business development function and ensure proper budgetary control.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets,
expenditures, research and development appropriations, and
return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Coordinate and disseminate corporate marketing strategies to the identified distribution channels.
- Identify/pursue new business leads and monitor customer service relationships.
review of business development policies and procedures to ensure their
relevance to the business strategy and changing organizational needs
- Spearhead product development and enhancement initiatives.
- Solicit tenders, issue competitive quotes on a timely basis in line with agreed internal procedures.
- Ensure that large /corporate accounts are acquired and retained.
- Ensure large / corporate clients are accorded holistic service.
- Explore new business potential in traditional and non-traditional areas
- Understand customers’ business requirements and match them to insurance solutions.
- Preparation of periodical management reports.
- Establish and form relationships with intermediaries.
- Identify, develop and maintain alternative distribution channels.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the GM Operations from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Masters degree is an added advantage
- Full professional qualification (ACII or AIIK)
- 7 years related working experience, three (3) of which should have been at management level
- Knowledge in insurance products and services
- Basic knowledge claims management/handling
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
you are interested in the position and have the required
qualifications, skills and experience, kindly complete and submit a duly
filled form fill it in using Application Form HERE on or before Monday, January 25th 2016.