We are one of the world’s top 3 airfreight forwarding specialists, providing a comprehensive range of international air cargo solutions and unbeatable levels of customer service.
Warehouse Manager, Nairobi
- Manages the flow of goods through the warehouse including receiving, offloading, Security X-Raying, Build up and dispatch of shipments in line with the customer orders and Airline cut off times.
- Delivers an efficient stock management system on behalf of customer and ensures the identification, agreement and implementation of solutions to eliminate the source of internal stock related queries.
- Manages all auditing/site visits appertaining to stock and facilities activities ensure processes meet required standards and business needs.
- Develops and manages all inbound and outbound delivery processes to maximize on time customer order fulfillment at optimum cost.
- Manages warehouse facilities ensuring high operations and health and safety standards are maintained within agreed budgets.
- Implements in conjunction with QSHE Manager and HOD, health and safety processes standards for warehousing and distribution as well as ensuring the safety of employees.
- Ensure all Material Handling Equipment are well utilized and maintained.
- Ensure all warehouse filing records are properly maintained
- Assign duties to platform operation staff.
- Casual Labor deployment and control
- Set up the human and technical resource requirements for the Warehouse.
- Manage and motivate your team to achieve the projected results by the Top Management.
- Formulate and chair weekly meetings with platform supervisors and the rest of the staff to obtain updates and upfront planning
- Conduct Annual & mid-year performance reviews (PPR) for your direct reports and recommending staff training needs & staff productivity.
- Ensure effective communication of departmental goals and objectives to all staff.
- Formulate departmental Standard Operating Procedures and ensure they are strictly adhered to.
- Take charge of staff discipline at departmental level and liaise with the HOD on all disciplinary, welfare and other related matters.
- Ensure staff adherence to Company policies, rules and regulations.
- Project planning, implementation and management for Warehouse and new clients
- Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline
- Diploma in Clearing, Forwarding & Logistics
- 5 years’ experience in the Logistics Industry & or Warehousing
- 2 years’ experience cool chain management and managing people
National Human Resource Manager
Kuehne + Nagel Ltd
P.O. Box 69979,