- Driving vehicles in order to reach destinations to deliver messages or materials for the Firm.
- Loading vehicles ensuring that they are loaded correctly and taking precautions with hazardous goods.
- Unloading and sorting items collected along delivery routes.
- Receiving messages or materials to be delivered, and information on recipients, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and delivery instructions, communicated via telephone, two-way radio, or in person.
- Planning and following the most efficient routes for delivering items.
- Sorting items to be delivered according to the delivery route.
- Obtaining signatures and payments, or arranging for recipients to make payments.
- Recording information, such as items received and delivered and recipients’ responses to messages.
- Performing routine maintenance on delivery vehicles, such as monitoring fluid levels and replenishing fuel. Involves checking safety of the vehicle to ensure road worthiness on daily basis.
- Updating the log book of vehicle use on daily basis for proper recording of mileage..
- Ensuring safe keeping of vehicle accessories e.g. Jack, first aid kit, etc and ensuring that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Valid driving
- At least three(3) years’ work experience as a driver, with a safe driving record;
- Proven qualifications in safe driving;
- Good command of English and Swahili languages;
- Good knowledge of the City map and routes
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Time Management – Being able to manage one’s own time and the time of others.
Deadline for applications is on 1st February 2016
Applications to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2041”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2041, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
(1) cover letter describing your interest (please include your salary expectations / range)
(2) Your Resume (or CV) including references
Applications will be treated confidentially.
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.