Job Title: Learning & Development Officer
Department: Human Resources – Leaning & Development
Job Purpose: To support the organisation in the effective delivery of the overall learning and development strategy. The post holder will identify development needs, design, create and deliver solutions across the organisation at every level.
Responsible for setting clear points of evaluation and able to demonstrate the degree of success achieved for all L&D interventions.
- To create design and deliver the statutory, mandatory, developmental and organisational change training requirements for new and existing staff in both across all areas of the organisation.
- Monitor regulatory requirements for staff training and competence and ensure that all requirements and subsequent changes are reflected in all statutory and mandatory training.
- To create design and deliver L&D solutions to support the organisational change and development outlined in the overall L&D strategy using a blend of methodologies including computer based, self-managed learning, remote delivery, management cascade, class room and on job learning as appropriate.
- Ensuring that every L&D intervention has clear business focused aims that enable robust evaluation of the event’s effectiveness, and measurement of return on investment.
- Undertake evaluation of all L&D interventions at between one and three months following the event, and report against agreed KPIs.
- To provide development by coaching and one on one support where the need for this has been established.
- To record, collate and retain management information to demonstrate progress against KPIs and departmental goals and objectives.
- To contribute to L&D communications using a variety of mediums, mail, Intranet, paper etc.
- To keep up to date with current thinking on training practice and methods; e-learning development and ‘rapid’ on-line software technology.
- Answering training related issues and provide high quality customer service across the organisation.
Skills / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree– Essential
- Experienced in design and delivery of training within a care environment – Essential
- At least 3 years relevant experience preferably in the insurance industry – Essential
- Experienced in the delivery of management development programmes – Essential
- Excellent training skills – Essential
- Excellent Coaching Skills – Desirable
- Excellent personal and time management skills – Essential
Individuals who meet the above requirements should send their applications to the email below stating their current and expected salary along with a detailed CV to reach us on or before 8th January 2015.
Please indicate the job being applied for in the subject heading of your email.
Short listing is running concurrently as applications are received.