- Day to day running of the camp and ensure all operational areas are functioning.
- Strive to deliver the best personalized and courteous guest experience every day.
- Meet and host all media, journalists and agents.
- Look for opportunities how business can grow.
- Constantly train and inspire the staff to strive to exceed the guests’ expectations.
- Maintain effective communication, at all times, with the team & head office.
- Be accountable for all relevant product delivery and stock management.
- Commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management.
- Monitor and oversee maintenance issues.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- Complete weekly rotas for the team and maintain correct staffing level at all times.
- Ensure health and safety/fire checks are carried out, as required.
- Ensure overall property appearance is pristine at all times.
- Resolve and handle guest complaints.
- Hotel Management degree/diploma from a reputable institution.
- Must have over 5 years of GM experience in a 5-Star lodge or tented camp.
- Must have a valid driving licence.
- Customer focused with a warm friendly personality.
- Exceptional food and beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge in environmental and national issues.
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hands on and problem solver.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Be a good motivator.
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Training,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be consider for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
****Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job****