Job Ref.: SGKL-264563
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct Supervision of Camp Services Manager and Warehouse Manager and the overall supervision of the Head of Somalia Operations
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities with experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments;
- Develops, prepares, coordinates and monitors overall logistic support plans including logistics forecasting, supply schedules, priorities or requirements, and resolution of urgent operational needs within his/her area of responsibility..
- Monitors and coordinates all multifunctional logistic requirements between Saab Somalia Business which includes camp operations, SCM Workshop and UNSOS Maintenance contract.
- Ensure effective commodity management and quality control maintenance and thorough updating and maintenance of Saab logistics activities;
- Work with appointed suppliers and oversee all logistics activities for dispatching, delivering and discharging of cargo from different areas of the world.
- Full control of liner shipments, including the overland arrivals if needed;
- Provide quick support for spare parts procurement and logistics when required.
- Monitor the performance of Saab shipping contractors and report on their performance;
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities and support gathering market intelligence, liaising with internal and external stakeholders;
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, with excellent client service mind-set;
- Analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities;
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations, perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports and ensure information accuracy;
- Provide technical training aimed to enhance knowledge needed for staff and partners to perform their duties efficiently;
- Perform any other duty as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education and diploma in the related functional area.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible job related work experience in logistics, transport, supply chain, contracts administration or other related field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of spare parts management software.
- Good knowledge of practical logistics processes, tools and techniques.
- Ability to perform shipping operations, to offer direction, guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to independently manage time and workload and rectify straightforward problems.
- Good communication skills and ability to build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external individual.
- Understanding of supplier contracts and ability
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews