The Board wishes to recruit a self driven, result oriented and qualified individual to fill the following vacant post:
Chief Executive Officer
The successful candidate will be on three (3) years renewable contract terms of service and will be responsible for the Board of Directors for;
- The day to day operations and administration of the Board.
- Formulation and implementation of the strategic plans, business plans, and annual operating budgets;
- Proper management of funds and property of the Board
- Establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures.
- Coordinating and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Board.
- Ensuring that there is effective communication between the management and the Board as well as between different levels of management.
- Ensuring continuous improvements in the quality and value of services provided by the Corporation.
- Implementation and fulfillment of policies and agreed objectives, performance targets and service standards of the Board.
- Organizing, controlling and providing leadership to staff.
- Attending to staff matters including organizational structures, appointments, welfare, training, industrial relations, separation and effective management of succession plans.
- Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees.
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenry.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:-
- Be in possession of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must be a registered Engineer with ERB and corporate member of IEK.
- Have at least ten (10) years’ experience in the management of water and sanitation services which includes planning, designing, implementation and monitoring.
- Have at least five (6) years’ experience in a management position.
- Have experience in contract management and good administrative and leadership skills.
- Have proficiency in Information Communication Technology.
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on integrity and leadership.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for any of the above positions, please send your application attaching a detailed CV, certified copies of academic/professional certificates and testimonials stating your current position, remuneration and telephone contact by 15th January 2016, indicating “ Ref; No. of the specific job ” on the envelop to the following address.
Applications for the post of Chief Executive Officer should be addressed to