Summary: Our client is looking for a Management Trainee in the field of Procurement.
The responsibilities of the Management Trainee will include the following:
- Receive and review internal demand sheets from demand owners and ensure that they are duly approved for processing.
- Source for quotations for the required items if they are not part of contract approved price lists and perform due diligence on the selected suppliers.
- Evaluate quotes and negotiate for the best rates in the interest of the company.
- Create supplier decision forms and get required approvals for the purchase to proceed.
- Create internal purchase order requisitions and get relevant approvals to enable creation of purchase orders.
- Ensure purchase orders are duly approved and send to suppliers.
- Respond to supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems related to released orders.
- Confers with Procurement Officer to determine purchasing needs.
- Demonstrate high integrity levels and transparency in the procurement process.
- And any other duty assigned by Procurement Officer.
- Relevant university degree
- CIPS qualifications will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical, communication, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Management Trainee (Procurement)
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only