A well-established Manufacturing company is looking for a motivated and result oriented candidates to fill the below position of the Assistant Accountant
Reporting to HOD, this position is ideal for candidates who are ready to grow with the company and deliver results.
You will work under minimal supervision, tight deadlines while ensuring confidentiality at all times.
You should be an accountant with a round tabled mind.
- Review daily purchases movements and allocation
- Remittance verification
- Assist in Yearly renewals in all areas
- Any follow up on works issues on creditors and their payments
- Insurance reconciliation and follow up
- Able to handle shares reports
- Maintain the Accounts Payable Vendor Master for new suppliers
- Maintenance of supplier/customer advance deposit paid
- Reconcile all supplier /customers statements and forward the recons to HOD for approval any queries to be followed up [DALY/WEEKLY/MONTHLY]
- Reconciliation of bank statements from the banks allocated to you[DAILY].
- Incharge of input VAT monthly.Witholding VAT,Witholding Tax and prepare for the i-tax uploading format and forwards them to HOD for authorization for uploading [MONTHLY]
- Ensure all daily bankings have been captured in the system
- Monitors accounts payable /receivable (Credit control)
- Reconciling of all debtors /creditors statements
- Being able to post Post purchase invoice on ERP
- Able to process accounts payable payments
- Able to handle payroll when required
- Ability to produce all statutory payments –NHIF,NSSF,PAYE,VAT,WHT,DIT
- Ability to reconcile debtors/suppliers statements
- Posting of cheques on ERP
- Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time
The successful candidate must have the following or its equivalent
- Proficiency in Excel and word
- Strong background in ERP
- Know the book keeping /double entries
- Able to produce daily reports
- Report to work early
- High integrity and trustworthy person to handle confidential data
- Should be aged between 29/30-35 years
- Bachelours degree in Finance will be an additional advantage.
- At least 2 years of experience in finance department doing similar duties
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Other duties as may be assigned.
If you believe you are upto the challenge and have the qualifications and experience to match this role, please submit your application via email with detailed curriculum vitae, stating your current position,current and previous remuneration, email, telephone contacts, and names and addresses of three referees.
The applications without the above requirements will not be considered.DO NOT attach any other certificates at this point.
Your application must be received by 14th January 2016 addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager