Salary Scale: Gross pay of Kshs. 75,000
This position is part of the Program Operations department and reports to the respective MSK Regional Coordinator.
In particular, this role is one of several Coordinators responsible for coordinating a cluster of private health clinics in the respective region that form part of the Social Franchise network.
Strategic purpose of the Program Operations Dept: To ensure excellent delivery all MSK programme activities and the development and funding of new work.
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
Key Responsibilities and Measures
This position has the following three key responsibilities:
- Coordination of social franchise activities in respective SF regions.
- Expand and scale up the social franchise brand to increase access to quality SRH services.
- Monitoring and reporting on social franchise performance against set Key Performance Indicator (KPIs)
- Implement multiple and integrated health interventions through the Social Franchise network.
- Increase uptake of SRH and additional franchised services by strengthening community structures to effectively promote and provide these services
- Targeted expansion achieved year on year
- Franchisee performance targets (e.g. QTA) achieved pa
- Action taken on poor performance.
- Increased service statistics
- Establish linkages between the PPN with the relevant MOH and CHMT to achieve benefits of PPPs.
- Work with other MSK clinics and outreach channel leaders to identify areas of collaboration to ensure synergy across MSK channels.
- Maintain key focus on product quality concerns and address the matter in consultation with the relevant departments ensuring that franchisees orders have been submitted and executed accordingly by the organization.
- Conduct routine needs assessments to inform the key inputs that will drive performance i.e. training, drugs and equipment needs.
- Identify opportunities for franchisee business development and growth and offer appropriate linkages to MSK resources and partners.
- Actively participate during routine donor-related field tours at various franchised clinics.
- Ensure that there is strict adherence by franchised clinics to the MOU guidelines and routinely evaluating facilities that are liable for the Franchising as per the regulations set.
- Needs assessment reports.
- Activity reports, and Referral maps,
- Performance appraisals against set KPIs.
- MoH supportive supervision reports,
- Submission of SF requisition forms.
- Monthly subscription and sales reconciliation reports.
The activities include:
- Mapping and Identification of new PPNs, suitable to join the Social Franchise network and updating MOUs with existing franchisees
- Develop appropriate referral linkages between SFs, MSK clinics and outreach teams in the region with clear tracking systems
- Work with other SF networks in the region to ensure coordinated scale up and synergies.
- Signed and updated MOUs.
- SF network database,
- performance appraisals against set KPIs,
- Business plans,
The key activities include:
- Support franchised health facilities to achieve QTA scores above 92% on a regular basis
- Collect and submit timely reports on various key indicators and routinely offer feedback to the franchisees
- Keep custody of various documents between MSK and Franchisees including MOUs and audit reports
- Harness MSK’s Quality Assurance resources to undertake, trainings, mentorship and audits at SFs
- Timely reporting on major and minor complications arising within the social franchise network
- Schedule and convene quarterly review meetings for sharing of best practices amongst the SF network and promote synergy with other MSK channels.
- Active participation in design and roll out of various RM&E activities which include exit interviews, assessments and other research work in the Social Franchise network
- Conduct monthly quality checks at each franchised clinics using various Quality tools.
- QTA/IAC reports,
- external QTA reports,
- MoH supportive supervision reports,
- Monthly service statistic reports,
- training reports,
- field reports,
- incidence reports,
- M.A.T minutes,
- M&E feedback analysis, CHW reports
Key activities here include:
- Roll out on a timely manner various franchised health products throughout the Social Franchise network.
- Conduct and coordinate trainings to ensure integration of various franchised health products amongst SFs at franchised clinics.
- Identify opportunities for linkages and referrals amongst SF, MSK clinics and outreaches on the basket of franchised products
- Generate income from social marketing products sold to SF network on a regular basis
- Service statistics,
- Activity reports.
- Participate in recruitment of CHW coordinators/supervisors and YPEs (Youth peer educators).
- Develop innovative health promotion activities that will drive the demand for these heath products eg. Amua leo’s and Cervical Cancer Screening events, Youths Targeted Promotional events.
- Support CHW supervisors to organize and conduct CHW trainings.
- Activity reports on promotional activities,
- Service statistics,
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- B.Sc or Diploma in Nursing, Public Health, Diploma in Clinical Medicine or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Must be a licensed, competent driver (ready to be tested immediately)
Skills / Experience:
- Experience in offering family planning methods (a must)
- Clinical quality assurance experience.
- Experience in community promotion and business management
- Strong I.T and reporting writing skills
- Proven experience in community promotion and project coordination.
- Business, leadership & management, clinical, communication, marketing, capacity building
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
There are 13 key behaviours that MSI encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 15th January 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Social Franchise Coordinator” and preferred region ‘Kisii’ or ‘Homa Bay’
“Marie Stopes is an equal opportunity Employer”