Job Title: Marketing Manager – Floriculture
Reports to: Farm Manager
Salary: 250 – 300k
Our client produces high quality rose flowers for export to different countries in the world.
They are looking for a Marketing Manager with very good experience in the floriculture industry.
The Marketing Manager will work with the sales team and other departments to help the company reach its goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Expand and develop marketing platforms for the clients’ products.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities to promote products presentation, working with the Sales and Post Harvest managers.
- Negotiate contracts/Prices with customers and to manage proper balanced flower distribution within regions and in consultation with his/her manager.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing with farm’s objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of flowers and monitoring market trends.
- Select flowers and accessories to be displayed during flower shows.
- Advise on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of flowers.
- Consult with customers to gain advice regarding the types of roses expected to be in demand.
- Monitor market trends and advising the sales and post harvest team.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost.
- Conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for flowers.
- Collaborate with the sales team to monitor and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products with industry best practices.
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget.
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information.
- Develop demand for the client’s product in the market.
- Any other duty that may be allocated by the manager from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Advanced Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies.
- Relevant product and industry knowledge for a minimum of 3 years.
- Technical marketing skills
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills.
- Quality oriented.
- Willing to travel extensively.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Marketing Manager – Floriculture) to email@example.com before Friday 29th January, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.