Job Ref.: CPL-261233
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Do you have it in you to make African healthcare leapfrog into the future?
About Us: We are a fast growing company with the ambition and ability to transform the healthcare sector in Africa through cloud based- and mobile technology.
Our mission is to Connect Everyone, Everywhere to Better Healthcare; first in Kenya, then in the rest of Africa and beyond.
About the Position: The primary role is to manage the medical codes and pricelist functionality within the operations portal.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures accurate medical coding continues to be maintained within the organisation systems.
- Set up a system to ensure codes for any new drugs items or medical procedures as added onto the organisation systems as soon as they get available within the market.
- Review coding challenges and discuss these regularly with supervisor as well as with Coding Committee.
- Continually enhance coding structures in accordance with, management and Operations Director’s recommendations.
- The Coordinator will work closely with the Associate Director Operations, management and other staff of the Claims Department to provide medical coding support and expertise as needed.
- Participate in internal and external workgroups to develop any additional codes or pricelists as required to support projects.
- Accurately document coding procedures, guidelines and data management.
- Building provider pricelists where need be especially for larger providers.
- Allocation of default pricelists to providers.
- Approve provider pricelists and resolve any issues related to these pricelists within 48 hours.
- Ensure the default reference prices on all pricelists are keep updated continually.
- Support the medical call center team while on call.
- Assist in medical data analysis and reporting.
- Assist in claims and customer service management when required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical related qualifications i.e. Pharmacy, Nursing, or Clinical Officer
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in health care or health related field/position.
- A solid understanding of current disease patterns and treatment protocols.
- Exhibit sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong understanding of private and public healthcare delivery systems.
- Medical Coding understanding and experience is an advantage
- Data entry skills with acute attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact and work in cooperation in team setting.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Self-driven, detail-oriented with the ability to work with minimal instruction or supervision.
- Must be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, eager to work in a dynamic environment and willing to learn new skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, maintain confidentiality and a commitment to the organisation’s mission and values.
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered. We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews