Job Ref.: SBC-262222
Our client, a busy Microfinance Organization is looking to fill finance and administration manager position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met, i.e, Withholding Tax, PAYE, Income Tax etc.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board’s Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Liaise Audit Committee as appropriate.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer and the Board with financial reporting as required at Board meeting and the Annual General Meetings.
- Payroll preparation and administration
- Budget preparation
- Project management accounting
- Risk management
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
- University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management / Administration
- Certified Public Accountant or ACCA, or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) will be an added advantage.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive financial responsibility
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews