Job Title: HR & Administration Manager
Salary: 150K – 180K
Our client is a motorcycle manufacturing company based in Nairobi.
They seek to hire an all rounded HR & Administration Manager to direct, plan, organize and manage the Human Resources department and administration and its activities.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with labor laws.
- Develops and maintains a human resource system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reports are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety etc
- Facilitate Business Continuity/strategies e.g. seminars and new implementations that ensure the company’s survival.
- Develop and maintain effective internal & external communication methods.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administer effective delegation in all branches and departments.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life and health insurance, pension plans, vacation, annual leave, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepares budget of human resource operations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms etc
- Maintenance of office premises and ensuring renewal of necessary licenses.
- Provides management direction and counseling.
- Supervises clerical assistant and temporary staffing as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Human Resource Management or in Business Administration
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- A member of Institute Of Human Resource Management (IHRM K)
- Over 7 years progressive experience as a Human Resource Manager
- Should proficiently possess technical skills, soft skills, hard skills, interpersonal and management skills;
- Strong communication skills and superb inter-personal skills;
- High level understanding of planning, forecasting and strong financial experience;
- Tactical focus, flexible & change maker;
- Leadership through influence and effective conflict resolution;
- Should have a good track record and of unquestionable integrity;
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR & Admin Manager) to email@example.com before Tuesday 19th January 2016
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted