In line with our vision of being a world class integrated producer of sugar, green energy and related products, we seek to recruit highly motivated, result oriented, self-driven, experienced and qualified individuals who will drive the business of the company to the next level.
The company is inviting applications for the following position that have fallen vacant:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
- Develop and drive a marketing strategy for the Company through challenging all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of trends and their impact to our brands and plans
- Align marketing strategy with all key stakeholders to ensure value for the Company and achievement of set business plans
- Anticipate opportunities and develop marketing approaches that maximise business opportunities
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events
- Integrate all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets, etc) within a consistent overall brand/Marketing plan
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities and recommend adjustments in the route to market;
- Using available resources, build an accurate picture of our customers and stakeholders
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Lead product research and development.
- Prepare the operating and capital budgets for planned marketing activities
- Recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share and meet set revenue targets
- Work with the sales team to consistently develop the market channels
- Prepare periodic marketing activity reports showing performance and potential areas of market expansion, market share figures, customer satisfactory reports, market trend analysis, portfolio contribution, etc.
- Develop strategies to maintain and continuously improve business relations with all customers;
- Define marketing resource requirements and ensure proper allocation across the marketing mix elements and priorities
- Prepare the section’s budget and feed into the Department’s annual operating and capital budgets ensuring that the budget conforms to the overall department and business strategy and remaining accountable for its implementation within the areas of jurisdiction;
- Analyse and control marketing expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements
- Manage staff costs and other operating expenditure on an on-going basis to significantly reduce the cost of doing business
- Continuously develop and implement strategies that result in cost savings and at the same time conforms to customer, legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure optimum utilisation of staff, equipment and all assigned resources
- Assign roles based on staff competencies within the function, ensuring that role responsibilities and performance objectives are explicitly communicated and documented for staff at ALL levels
- Conduct continuous performance reviews/appraisal for staff within the section and institute corrective actions where staff performance does not meet requirements
- Propose appropriate incentive schemes to reward and reinforce good performance among sales staff
- Coach, mentor and motivate staff to perform to expected standards
- Performing any other duties as assigned so as to ensure the attainment of sales and profit goals of the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field Postgraduate qualification in Marketing
- 8 Years’ experience in sales and distribution or marketing, three of which must be in similar roles
- Master of Business Administration – Marketing/Strategic Management
- Strategic thinking
- Highly developed Research skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong business acumen and good Financial management skills
- Good knowledge of Sales & Operations Planning
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Track record of performance and exceptional leadership capabilities
Applications should be addressed to:
Chief Human Resource Services Officer
Mumias Sugar Company Ltd,
P.O Private Bag,
On the basis of the attached role profiles, applications should include: a brief summary of why you consider yourself the best fit for this role, detailed CV indicating your email and phone contacts and copies of certificates and testimonials.
All applications to be emailed to: email@example.com and should be received not later than 29th January, 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
N.B: Mumias Sugar Company Limited encourages teamwork and positive contribution from its employees and is an equal opportunity employer guided by local laws and International Labour Organization conventions.