diversified products which include Ethanol and bottled water. The
company also generates significant quantities of electricity.
line with our vision of being a world class integrated producer of
sugar, green energy and related products, we seek to recruit highly
motivated, result oriented, self-driven, experienced and qualified
individuals who will drive the business of the company to the next
The company is inviting applications for the following position that have fallen vacant:
- Set the order and priority of job tasks according to deadlines.
- Allocate specific work activities to self and employees they supervise
- Maintain and continuously improve business relations with all Suppliers;
- Interact with management, staff, customers, and/or suppliers to obtain information, get direction, and to problem solve
- Interact with other staff regarding orders and scheduling
- May instruct other employees to complete tasks
- Participate in staff meetings
- Write communications to co-workers, management, suppliers, and both internal and external customers
- Write notes to senior management regarding supply / service requirements and comparative assessments of supplies and / or services to be purchased, etc.
- Write tenders and procurement contracts
- Write purchase requisitions / orders
- May receive materials, equipment, supplies, services, and/or products that do not conform with the required terms and specifications of the tender and procurement contract
- May be informed that the arrival of ordered materials, equipment, supplies, and/or products will be delayed
- May receive an urgent request for a purchase outside of purchase authority at a time when the correct authority is absent and unable to give approval
- Effectively respond to vendor enquiries
- May have to adapt negotiation strategies to cope with new circumstances or issues that arise
- Search inventory databases to find quantities in stock, parts numbers, pigment numbers and product specifications
- Obtain information about goods and services by speaking with suppliers, making phone calls and reading brochures and trade publications
- Obtain information on regulations and standards
- Find information for budgeting purposes
- Obtain information about suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement / Supply Chain Management or engineering or Law will be an advantage
- 4 Years’ experience in Purchasing/Procurement & Supplies, two years of which must be in a manufacturing environment
- Postgraduate qualification in Purchasing & supplies, Law, or Master of Business Administration an advantage Knowledge of international procurement, shipping, clearing and forwarding is an advantage
- Must be a member of KISM
- Results driven with a strong desire to succeed
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong business acumen and good Financial management skills
- Good knowledge of Sales & Operations Planning
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Track record of performance and exceptional leadership capabilities
Applications should be addressed to:
Chief Human Resource Services Officer
Mumias Sugar Company Ltd,
P.O Private Bag,
the basis of the attached role profiles, applications should include: a
brief summary of why you consider yourself the best fit for this role,
detailed CV indicating your email and phone contacts and copies of
certificates and testimonials.
All applications to be emailed to: email@example.com and should be received not later than 29th January, 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Mumias Sugar Company Limited encourages teamwork and positive
contribution from its employees and is an equal opportunity employer
guided by local laws and International Labour Organization conventions.