Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company Ltd. is mandated to supply Water and Sanitation Services within the County of Nairobi and its environs.
As part of our continued growth and team strengthening, we are looking for self-motivated, qualified, competent, seasoned and talented professionals capable of operating in a fast paced and demanding environment in the following positions:
Ref: NCWSC 05/2016
Directorate: Technical Directorate
Department: Operation and Maintenance
Location: Headquarters – Kampala Road Industrial Area
Reporting to: Water Distribution / Sewer Supervisor
Main External Contacts:
Main Internal Contacts:
- Technical Team
Broad Function: The Technician is responsible for overseeing a team of Artisans in implementing works on the ground in relation to either water or sewer operations and maintenance
- Organize and allocate duties to the water leakages repair/sewer unblocking gang
- Receive and analyze the water /sewer blockage works (instructions to do work) and prioritize the work for the day
- Prepare daily progress reports on work done in the field
- Supervise and ensure safe keeping of the tools
- Ensure that Artisans have the necessary working tools to facilitate their work in the field
- Record and maintain the daily master roll
- Foster team work e.g. shutting down water to facilitate repairs and turning on the same once repairs are done
- Determine the methodology for tackling sewer blockages
- Booking for equipment required for work
- A Diploma in Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- At least One (1) year hands on experience after graduation
Required skills and competencies
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity
How to Apply
If you are the right person we are looking for, send your application in confidence clearly indicating the names and contacts of three referees one of whom must be a current or former Employer.
Attach copies of academic certificates and other relevant testimonials.
The envelope should be properly labeled with the job code of the position you are applying clearly indicated on top left hand corner.
The applications to be sent either by registered mail or courier services to the address indicated below:-
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Co. Ltd,
P.O Box 30656-00100,
Deadline for applications is by close of business Friday 12th February 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company is an equal opportunity employer