The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) is a membership organization for African National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) registered as a legal entity under laws of the Republic of Kenya.
NANHRI’s mission is to support, through national, sub‐regional, regional and international cooperation, the establishment and strengthening of NHRIs to more effectively undertake their mandate of human rights promotion, protection, monitoring and advocacy.
Its vision is a continent with effective NHRIs, contributing to an enhanced human rights culture and justice for every African.
NANHRI encourages and supports the establishment of strong and independent NHRIs in compliance with the Paris Principles.
NANHRI is currently seeking to recruit an Office Administrator to be based in its Secretariat office in Nairobi, Kenya.
NANHRI hereby invites applications from hardworking, resourceful, responsible and dedicated candidates to fill the above‐stated position.
Position: Office Administrator
Reports to: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Head Office
Duration: 12 months
Department: Finance & Administration
Section: Office Administration
Main Purpose of the Job: To provide administrative support to staff and coordinate office operations to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency at NANHRI Secretariat.
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements;
- Assist in procurement processes by sourcing for suppliers, monitoring the performance of suppliers and reporting on the same.
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for contacts, program activities, databases, correspondence and documents for quick and easy reference;
- Draft routine correspondence;
- Provide support in preparation and production of NANHRI’s reports and publications;
- Manage meetings of the Secretariat including preparing documentation and taking minutes as necessary;
- Undertake routine financial duties including assisting with monitoring budget expenditure, processing of payments, invoicing, managing petty cash and approving supply orders.
- Assist in human resource functions including recruitment exercises; keeping a central record of employee Leave; maintaining confidential employee files; records of medical and other staff benefit schemes.
- Track office supply inventory and facilitate purchase of equipment and other office supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Attributes
- A Diploma in Business Administration
- University degree is an advantage, but not required
- A minimum of 4 years of administrative experience
- Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word and Excel etc) and web-based management systems
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent working knowledge of English; a good working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planning, financial, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet deadlines
- Initiative and innovation in assessing situations, troubleshooting, conflict resolution and teambuilding
- Honesty, transparency and a high level of integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualities for the position, please send your application strictly by Email clearly indicating the position on the subject matter of the email together with a cover letter and detailed C.V, a daytime telephone contact, and names and contacts of three referees to reach us by Friday 22nd January 2016 to:
Network of African National Human Rights Institutions
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 2nd Floor
P. O. Box 74359‐00200
Email: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org