Position: College Principal
Salary: Kshs. 100,000
Reference no: TRH001/16
Our client, a reputable Non Governmental Organisation, seeks to recruit a college principal in one of its Training Institutions located in Nairobi.
Our ideal candidate must be one that has a proven track record in curriculum development and in the improvement of standards of teaching and learning in an institution that offers multi-disciplinary courses.
The duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Develop high motivation and aspirations for all students so they attain the highest possible levels of achievement and best outcome from their experience at College.
- Motivate, satisfy and inspire staff of the college at all levels to deliver their highest levels of performance and to provide an environment in which they will develop.
- Oversee operations through an Executive team, to identify and exploit opportunities that will improve its educational performance.
- To promote the concept of value for money and to manage budgets effectively.
- Work effectively with businesses, educational institutions, the community and other organizations and aim to meet the needs of the community at large
- Foster and maintain a clear vision for the future of the College that reflects its educational mission and where practicable to widen the opportunities for such experience in the community.
- Ensure that the College meets the provisions of its Strategic Plan and assist the Board to maintain it in an up to date and relevant manner.
- To ensure that the College complies with its statutory and regulatory responsibilities including: Health, Safety and Environmental, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity and Sustainability obligations.
- To represent the College, both externally and internally; to attend Open Days and Evenings as appropriate.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks and duties at the request of the Chair of Governors.
- Candidate should have a Master’s from a recognized university.
- Must have at least 2 year experience in service as a Head of Education or department or a Deputy Principal in a college or university or atleast one year as a College Principal
- Additional experience as a senior lecturer or Dean of studies shall be an added advantage.
- Must have proven leadership qualities with capacity for team work.
- Must have excellent administrative and managerial skills.
- Should demonstrate capacity for strategic thinking.
- Must demonstrate integrity and accountability.
- Must have proper understanding of Financial management.
- Should demonstrate good public relations and resource mobilization skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
You are also required to quote the above reference number in your application letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.