Shining Hope for Community (SHOFCO)
Location: Mathare Clinic
Reports to: Clinical Medical Coordinator
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8:00am to 4:00pm and two Saturdays a month
Main purpose of the job: The job holder is responsible for providing holistic nursing services to outpatient and MCH/FP within SHOFCO’s Clinic
- Aiding CO as required during treatment, examination and testing of patients;
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Enroll patients into Maternal and child wellness clinic and ensure high retention rates of new clients
- Ensure timely submission of accurate vaccine supplies and maintain vaccine commodities as per KEPI standards
- Knowledge and skills in cervical cancer screening will be of added advantage
- Participate in community health surveys/campaigns
- Participate in training of community health workers
- Preparing equipment and ensuring examination rooms are clean and stocked with required supplies and materials;
- Administering prescribed medications, injections and treatments in accordance with nursing standards;
Competencies and Skills
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognized college preferably KMTC
- Registered member of nursing council of Kenya
- At least 2 years post College experience working in a busy MCH/FP set up
- Current practicing license is a MUST
- Good writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Reporting skills
- High administrative and analytical capacity.
- Good computer skills.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
Applications should reach us no later than 9th February 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.