PanXchange is a financial technology company that is changing the way the world trade commodities.
Lead the expansion of the East Africa platform
- Build existing and develop new client relationships through strong communication and field visits
- Support clients throughout the complete trading cycle from registering, familiarizing with the system, post-transaction fulfillment, to entering new orders.
- Encourage use of PanXchange platform for buying and selling of maize, wheat pulses, and other commodities offered. Aggregate client feedback on concerns with web-based trading, front-end customization suggestions, and desired or required policies to promote increased use of the platform
- Hunt for new opportunities regionally as well as in other commodity and trading markets, leveraging existing customers and users as well as finding new routes.
- Serve as liaison with local AID organizations, government entities, Clinton Global Initiative local partners and NGOs.
- Complete financial and governmental reporting
- Expand African team as revenues and client base expands
- Create weekly member-only market reports and internal market metric reports on activity
Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, comfortable managing and growing a regional office, and have a strong knowledge of African agricultural and commodity market linkages.
- Kenya citizenship or valid work permit
- The ideal candidate must have a passion for making a positive contribution toward improving the region’s agrarian economy. We seek a local representative who stands for PanXchange’s long-term values
- Strong knowledge of East African agricultural commodities and key players including banking relationships. Display a keen understanding of their needs, risks and motivations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; very comfortable utilizing all networking techniques – social media, cold calls, email, meet-ups
- Ability to build best practices and company culture in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Travel required to customer-facing meetings and events
- Prior success implementing agricultural programs, preferably throughout multiple East African countries
- Prior international work experience in commodities and proven success working with a team comprised of international backgrounds
- Must be self-motivating, with excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Last, and certainly not least—you operate with unquestionable integrity, possess a strong sense of personal responsibility, enthusiasm, and a winning attitude
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org