Our Client is currently recruiting a Pharmacy Technician.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Collection, organization, and evaluation of patient information
- Assist in preparing, dispensing, distributing, and administering medications under the direct supervision of the pharmacist
- Must verify that information on the medical prescription is complete and accurate before preparation
- Prepare the prescription labels, select the type of prescription container, and affix the prescription and auxiliary labels to the container.
- Monitor drugs and other medical supplies levels and initiate the procurement process.
- Take inventory and track medication and supply orders
- Keep records of all drug stocks ordered, drugs issued to clients and stocks remaining.
- Prepare and submit reports on daily sales undertaken and achievement to the management as required.
- Assemble a 24-hour supply of medicine for every patient.
- Answer phones calls, stocking shelves, and operating cash registers.
- Update information about the prescribed medication onto the patient’s profile
- Once the prescription is prepared, price and file the prescription, which must be checked by a pharmacist before it is given to the patient.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, prepare insurance claim forms, and stock and take inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers which includes clinics, doctors, hospitals and other institutions
- Accurate and detail oriented
- High level of motivation, organization, honesty, commitment and professional responsibility
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
Qualifications & Experience
- At least a Certificate in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution, a Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology is an added advantage
- Experience in a similar position, preferably in a busy retail pharmacy set up will be an added advantage.
- Strong negotiation and customer care skills
- Ability to diagnose conditions and prescribe drugs over the counter is a must.
- Must be computer literate and be able to manage software programs.
If you feel you fit the above role, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org