Technical Sales Representative – Power Saving Energy Solutions Company
Job Overview: This is an integral position within the Sales Department ensuring consistent contact with our existing customer network and builds new business opportunities.
Strong, self-motivated candidates for this position will possess an electrical products background with 1- 2 years’ sales experience in a related industry.
In addition, excellent sales, lead qualification, and proven client relationship skills are required.
A background in effective cold calling on and interacting with small business owners and technical staff in a highly competitive environment is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting directly and indirectly with various potential representatives and clients including solar energy or energy efficiency companies, engineers, architects, building owners, energy service companies, building managers, and general contractors to introduce them to and market our energy efficient solutions;
- Growing the sales volume of the existing customer base and opening new accounts by communicating regularly with specific customer groups and prospects;
- Maintaining knowledge base on current products and learning about new products;
- Providing product and complete power systems quotations;
- Providing technical and system’s application support;
- Provide timely and informative market feedback to the sales group;
- At least two years of sales experience preferably candidates with renewable energy or electrical retail and wholesale industry experience;
- Exceptional verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment;
- High degree of integrity and professionalism (external and internal situations);
- Excellent time management skills focused on the coordination of multiple sales activities;
- Representation at various industry events, trade shows etc;
Qualifications / Skills
- Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from recognized learning institutions especially technical institutions;
- Proven sales success and experience in the electrical and related field;
- Familiarity with power saving systems and energy efficient solutions;
- A Sales and Marketing qualification will be an added advantage;
- Ability to do field, telephone, electronic and social media marketing approaches;
- Excellent relationship skills and ability to persuade at any level;
- Excellent interpersonal presentation and communication skills;
- A Self driven person with a go-getter attitude and ambition;
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements;
- Proven ability to drive sales and work in fast paced environments where target achievement is key;
- A strong appetite for knowledge and learning new aspects of their work;
- Technical product and systems applications knowledge
- Possession of high levels of integrity and honesty
- Good command of MS Office Suite packages
If you meet the said requirements and are passionate enough to be part of a great team, send your application in confidence by email attaching your latest CV to:
NB: Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and indicate your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is Friday 5th February 2016.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.