Industry: Public Transport
Our client is one of the leading public transport companies in Kenya, with a large workforce and fleet in Nairobi.
They seek to hire dynamic and result driven individuals to fill the positions of operations manager to work in its core department.
Purpose: To assist and work closely with the management to ensure smooth running of day to day transport operations to meet established operating goals, standards and rules.
The position offers immense opportunities for growth and a very exciting career with serious managerial exposure.
- Promote and protect the company’s operational functions with minimum supervision.
- Develop a good understanding of the business and interpret figures key in financial wellbeing of the company.
- Developing a productive, profitable and achievement oriented working environment for employees.
- Responsible for employee accountability and adherence to company standards and policies in the transport workforce to ensure quality in service delivery.
- Addressing operational issues and concerns in calm and timely manner.
- Monitor customer relations in order to meet excellent standard in service delivery by resolving conflict.
- Responsible for employee scheduling to ensure seamless flow of operations.
- Assist in large number of fleet and staff coordination to meet set targets and demand in the market.
- Managing, monitoring and developing a team of drivers and line managers.
- Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures
- Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently.
- Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities
- Maintaining accurate administrative records.
- Developing and nurturing customer relationships.
- Making sure that all vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
- Educates and motivates employees on best practices and service excellence.
- Actively engages the customers and industry stakeholders to promote the company and foster good relations.
- Become a respected voice for the company to key stakeholders such as investors, public, government and other industry players.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a holder of Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in any field from a public university.
- Diploma in Fleet Management will be added advantage
- Aged between 32 – 40 yrs and above.
- 5 years’ proven experience in a busy operations environment in a medium size corporate setup
- Be mature and possess capacity to oversee a large workforce.
- High level of personal discipline and integrity.
- Possess high energy level and be in excellent health.
- Be ready to work for long and odd hours.
- Have a positive attitude and disposition towards life.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email email@example.com by close of business 30th January 2015.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.