Job Tittle: Assistant Farm Manager
Under the directions of the Company director and farm manager respectively, the job holder is required to fulfil their role as a full time assistant farm manager.
This will primarily include overseeing, planning and coordinating of the day to day activities on the farm
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the health and production of all pullets on the farm
- Pro-actively plan for all the activities that keep the farm running e.g. payment of staff, restocking of chicks, disposal of ex-layers, vaccination and immunization of pullets
- Ensure high standards of staff welfare and maintain high level of productivity.
- Analyze productivity and health levels of pullets and dairy and ensure management is kept well updated on the same.
- Ensure that all the pullets in stock maintain optimal health levels at all times
- Enforce a strict biosecurity policy that allows a death of only 8 pullet’s a month
- Keep good records of all goods in stock i.e. feeds supply, agrochemicals as well as farm equipment’s being used by casuals.
- Keep good breeding record of all the dairy animals in the farm.
- Regular culling of the birds in stock to ensure we only maintain healthy productive birds in the flock and dispose of profit less birds
- Design the job card for the technicians on a daily basis and share with management as well as the office administrator for official follow up and payment preparation.
- Any other duties assigned by the management
- Previous experience managing large farm with over 40 workers.
- 3 years’ hands on experience in working at a busy farm
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Health
- Dairy farm management specialty is a plus
- Must declare present and expected salary
- Must have a valid driving license/certificate of good conduct
- Must have a valid practicing license from KVB (Kenya Veterinary Board)
- Must be 25+ years of age *a mature candidate preferably male.*
- Cost conscious, assertive, a good communicator, problem solver
- A business background in education or in practice is preferred
- A critical thinker
- A trustworthy and loyal individual
Please do not apply for this position if you do not meet the above-stated specifications.
A nice package is offered to the best candidate.
Candidates wishing to apply for this position MUST forward their CVs with three referees, their email addresses, day time contacts before close of business Friday 22nd January 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org