Our client is a design, build and management company that specialises in construction within remote areas.
Job Purpose: You will be responsible for planning and conducting inspections and implementation of all Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental services, programs and initiatives in support of project objectives ensure functional objectives are met.
- Plan and lead Inspection work, respecting the Health & Safety procedures put in place.
- Plan and document weekly QC meetings with the superintendent and provide written minutes as described in project specific contract documents
- Provide written daily QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project’s established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Support consortium partners in all questions regarding QHSE.
- To interface to local teams and QHSE Management on site on a daily basis.
- To supervise sub-contractor activities related to health & safety.
- To provide support and relevant expertise and participates in associated tool box meetings, training and exercises.
- Perform / facilitate preparation, review and modifications of risk assessments as required; for all project activities, facilities including camp accommodation and transportation.
- Maintain accident / incident record for on-site and off-site accidents related to project employees, vehicles, assist project personnel for preparing first information report.
- Ensure regular inspections of tools, equipment, and vehicles are performed, deficiencies corrected and record maintained using appropriate forms.
- Ensure emergency response preparedness provisions / plans in place and site employees are aware about the same.
- Ensure adequacy and availability of fire detection and firefighting equipment in working condition for all site areas.
- Ensure work area environment is maintained safe through the pro-active enforcement of HSE rules and regulations.
- Ensure work platforms are safe to use and meet site requirements related to working at height, access, egress and platforms.
- Create, update and maintain the project submittal log and all other project specific quality control reports
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work. Verify that checklists are being used and signed off prior to the placement of concrete, steel and other similar items of work
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in a construction related program such as construction management and/or civil engineering/technology.
- 5 to 7 years related work experience including 2 to 3 years in QHSE Supervisors position.
- Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Training will be an added advantage.
A salary of usd 2000-3000, plus very attractive incentives.