Our Client is an organization operating in rural Rarieda District. The organization began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth through community empowerment.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Business Development Coordinator (1)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- T.1 Provide overall guidance, mentoring, and supervision to Business Development and Production staff, to ensure successful implementation of Business Development activities, work plans and targets.
- T.2 Oversee production and business activities in the organization such as carpentry, tailoring, silk-screening, Honey and Moringa production, fish sales, sale of horticulture products, organization’s shop, Bus, tents, chairs, public address system and Tractor hire amongst others.
- T.3 Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of the project production activities with all relevant project and administrative staff to ensure continuous improvement.
- T.4 Ensure all project staff keep and maintain up to date and accurate records of activities and products.
- T.5 Provide quality and timely delivery of all business ventures reports, in their agreed format, as required by the customers, the supervisors and the finance department.
- T.6 Advise the Management of any key forums and other networks that might serve the organization and its ability to achieve its overall business objectives.
- T.7 Put forward new business ideas and/or recommendations for improvement of existing business programs to the management.
- T.8 Take part in the process of wage preparation for the casuals working with Business Development.
- T.9 Review the projects operational budgets in conjunction with the business development team, finance coordinator and Operations Manager.
- T.10 Maintain follow-up and feedback system to ensure efficient processes and customer satisfaction
- T.11 Provide timely advice to the Operations Manager as well as the Management Team on issues likely to affect/impact project implementation.
- T.12 Follow all inventory practices and procedures of the organization, and ensure all inventory items issued to the department are maintained in good condition and are stored neatly and in a secured room.
- T.13 In collaboration with the business development team, cost various business products to ensure that all production and business ventures in the organization are cost effective and of excellent quality.
- T.14 Ensure that needs assessments and cost benefits analysis are conducted in the target areas for Business Development initiatives.
- T.1 Ensure enhanced access to markets both locally and beyond for all business development products.
- T.2 Coordinate the assessment of client satisfaction in a bid to ensure constant improvement of Business Development initiatives.
- T.3 Market all the organizations business ventures to boost sales.
- T.4 Carry out market analysis to enhance the various business ventures sales and production management processes and pre- requirements.
- T.5 Improve the overall customer relationship, deliver reliable administrative support and customer service.
- T.6 Continuously carry out market Research on customer trends and preferences to ensure all products meet and exceed customer satisfaction.
- T.7 Co- develop and implement strategic business and marketing plans for all the organization’s business ventures.
- T.1 Ensure strong partnership between the organization with the government and other partners.
- T.2 Represent the organization in any relevant stakeholders meetings whenever called to.
- T.3 Keep and maintain the name of the organization in high esteem and respect to the community.
- T.1 Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
- T.2 Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of the organization’s mission and vision.
a) Level of education:
At least a diploma in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or any other business related field with emphasis on entrepreneurship development and direct sales.
b) Specialised Training / Professional Qualifications
- Financial, ICT, entrepreneurship, or Quality management recommended.
- Requires good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with business community, customers, Local Community Members, senior government officials, and staff.
- Good customer relations and customer care skills
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Should possess strong communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
- At least Three (2) years’ experience in a business leadership position.
Important: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.