Job Title: Legal Officer – Real Estate
Reports to: Head of Legal and Investor Relations
Salary: 50k – 70k
Our client is a leading property development company in Nairobi.
They seek to hire a Legal Officer to provide support to the Head of Legal and Investor Relations by participating in legal activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the section head in the provision of legal advice for the company.
- Maintaining data of all legal matters including cases referred to external advocates.
- Drafting and verifying all agreements, contracts and leases involving company business and property such as leases, charges.
- Assisting in the interpretation of legal documents, contracts and or agreements.
- Handling the technicalities of real property acquisitions, dispositions and financing.
- Making follow ups on all matters relating to conveyance and litigation of the organization.
- Watching for legal trends in the media and other outlets that indicate potential legal problems for the company
- Reviewing and making recommendations on new legislation, subsidiary legislation, rules and regulations.
- Reviewing supply agreements, sale and purchase agreements, and partnerships with other entities.
- Ensuring legal, statutory and contractual compliance for all the company’s transactions.
- Preparing files and maintaining legal documents for the company as required.
- Carrying out legal research as required and registering legal documents with relevant registries.
- Undertaking due diligence searches on behalf of the company.
- Working closely with section head to develop internal communication protocol.
- Mentoring and coaching the legal assistant as directed by the section head.
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution.
- Must possess a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law.
- At least one (1) year post qualification experience in the real estate industry
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Must be abreast with current information in the industry.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Legal Officer – Real Estate) to email@example.com before Monday 1st February, 2016
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted