Job Title: Receptionist
Purpose of the Position: The Receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that municipal services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Scope: The Receptionist reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing office and clerical services. Failure to provide these services in an efficient and effective manner will result in disruptions in the provision of services.
- answer telephone, screen and direct calls
- take and relay messages
- provide information to callers
- greet persons entering organization
- direct persons to correct destination
- deal with queries from the public and customers
- ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization
- monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- provide general administrative and clerical support
- prepare correspondence and documents
- receive and sort mail and deliveries
- schedule appointments
- maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically
- organize conference and meeting room bookings
- co-ordinate meetings and organize catering
- monitor and maintain office equipment
- control inventory relevant to reception area
- tidy and maintain the reception area
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Front Office Management or Equivalent.
- knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- At Least one year of relevant experience.
- knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- keyboard skills
- ability to work a switchboard
- verbal and written communication skills
- professional personal presentation
- customer service orientation
- information management
- organizing and planning
- attention to detail
- stress tolerance
Suitable and qualified candidates should send their application CV with the subject line Receptionist to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
On or before January 7, 2016 5pm.