Our Client is a high end restaurant currently recruiting a Cashier
The cashier is responsible for receiving and disbursing money within the establishment.
This may involve the use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or other related equipment.
The cashier is involved in processing credit or debit card transactions and validating cheques.
The Cashier will report to the Restaurant Manager.
- Answer customers’ questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Accept reservations or requests for take-out orders.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Post charges against guests’ or patients’ accounts.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers, if the brewery is supporting or in collaboration with certain special events.
- Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
- Maintain petty cash.
- Handles the telephone and answering machine when necessary
- Balances books and prepares reports to show receipts, expenditures, accounts payable, and various other items
- Assumes all duties given by the Restaurant Manager
- Degree / Diploma in Business Management / Computer studies and/or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in related field
- Professional and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Solve problems in a courteous manner
- Strong social skills Should be a team player and willing to learn
- Protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality
- Demonstrate a high level of trust. (A violation of trust will result in immediate dismissal.).
- Display the ability to communicate well, both verbally and written
If you feel you fit the above role, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com