Job Title: SACCO Accountant
Industry: Co-operative society
Salary: 40k – 60k
Our client is a Savings and Credit Co-operative Society (SACCO) in Nairobi.
They are looking to fill the position of an accountant who has experience in the same field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General supervision of Accounts Section staff
- Advice management on daily cash position
- Oversee the operations of the organization
- Ensure the Organizations finances are properly utilized and excess liquidity promptly invested competitively
- Ensure safe custody of Society’s cheque books and other sensitive documents
- Ensure all payments and expenditure are authorized before payment
- Daily reconciliation of customers deposit account balances
- Ensure that all bank account and MPESA reconciliations are promptly done
- Extraction of monthly Trial Balances, Cash Flows and Forecast statements
- Maintaining the General Ledger, check entries in the cash book and the ledger accounts
- Manage petty cash and ensure that all monies/cheques received are promptly banked on a daily basis
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Degree or Diploma preferably in Accounts or any other related field
- CPA Section 6
- Must have 3 years of experience within banking/financial/Sacco/Money market sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Maintaining a Good corporate image
- Comprehensive weekly reporting to management
- Teamwork with sales team
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Sacco Accountant) to email@example.com before Thursday 21st January, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.