Senior Android Developer
Industry: IT / Software Development
Our client, a leading online technology company that owns and operates 35 specialized niche dating sites, is seeking to recruit an Android Developer.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ability to design, advise and develop User Interfaces for Mobile based applications on android platform targeting both tablets and phones from multiple manufacturers.
- Consumption and manipulation of HTTP, SOAP, REST, JSON and WMS Services on android platform.
- To use database skills and knowledge to come up with sound database designs for various software projects prior to the development phase.
- To create various required system design documents and tools for solutions for approval prior to their development.
- To program and develop according to specification with the main aim of developing a problem solving and customer acceptable solution and that meets the clients’ requirements.
- Develop software solutions according to the given specifications and come up with deliverables within deadline and resources constraint.
- To integrate various solutions developed with other systems that exist and that are meant to work hand in hand with the developed solution in the best manner possible.
- To conduct system integration tests where applicable for solutions developed and that integrate with others that exist or that are built away from our solution.
Professional Skills and Competencies
- Degree Computer Science/Information Technology or related course.
- 4 – 5 years working with an OOP language e.g. Java, C++ or C#.
- Working knowledge of programming methodologies, structures, and concepts including but not limited to Object Oriented Methodologies and UML.
- Three years’ experience designing and developing android applications that integrate with enterprise systems.
- Good understanding data management methods in Android such as SQLite and Java and Android lifecycle, garbage collection and design patterns
- Strong understanding of integration requirements for Android Based mobile applications.
- Experience with the entire Android software development life cycle.
- Experience debugging and Android Application using but not limited to DDMS and in Android SDKs and Google APIs.
To apply, send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, 20th January 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.