Senior Reporting Analyst
Our Client is a group of companies operating in the tourism, real estate and general management. They seek to recruit a focused, self-motivated individual to fill the above vacancy.
Based in Nairobi, the holder will be charged with the role of working closely with and assisting the Head of Finance to deliver cutting-edge financial management in the Group.
Purpose of job
- To ensure the overall integrity and accuracy of the monthly management accounts from reporting Business Units
- To ensure timely submission of financial reports by BU and ensure compliance with established business policies and accounting standards
- To monitor closely all KPI’s – profit, receivables, bank borrowings, inventory
- To monitor all projects and ensure timely implementation
- To monitor cash positions and working capital funding
- To ensure all statutory and tax obligations are paid on time
- To evaluate and appraise new projects and business proposals
Key result areas:
- Provide key management information and timely communication to relevant stakeholders.
- To manage performance against the budget for each entity
- Providing detailed monthly performance statements and analysis for each entity
- Investigation of variances and recommending remedial measures where necessary
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly commentaries on each entity, including investigation into inconsistent and/or major variances
- Coordinate the preparation of finance department’s input for Board papers detailing and analysing actual performance against budget
- Coordination of budget preparation
- Preparation of performance against Unit’s strategy, milestones achieved for decision making.
- Evaluate projects for viability in coordination prior to approval.
- Research into new business initiatives and/or ventures with impact on meeting strategic goals
- Oversight on Financial and Regulatory Reporting function
- Provide guidance and support to each entity for Financial and Regulatory reporting
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Finance
- University Degree with a bias to Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- Masters degree would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years exposure/experience in a senior Finance position, with a bias in Tourism, project finance and real estate.
Candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to send applications and a detailed CV indicating a daytime contact number to Careers@bdo-ea.com by 29th January 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please include the position title in your application.