This may include scheduling and supervising staff.
Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill.
- Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the restaurant’s Operations Manual.
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the restaurant’s Operations Manual.
- Trains newer or less experienced Sandwich Artists in their tasks and responsibilities.
- Practices inventory control standards.
- Inspects equipment and storage facilities throughout a shift to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- Schedules and supervises staff as needed.
- Performs paperwork duties as needed.
- As needed, supervises food preparation to ensure that food safety and operations standards are maintained.
- Coordinates and supervises staff so that standards of cleanliness are maintained as outlined in the restaurant’s Operations Manual.
- Manages a staff of approximately 4 to 12. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work.
- Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of employees.
- May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations.
- Performs paperwork duties and assists with product orders and inventory as needed.
- Completes University of restaurant’s courses as directed.
Experience & Skills: A minimum of 3 year experience in a restaurant environment, communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register.
- Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday.
- Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Reports To: Management.
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “ 1998”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 1998, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th Jan 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.