Soko is Hiring
Role: Software Engineer
Role: Software Engineer
Reports to: Senior Software Engineer & CEO
Contract Level: Standard, Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Soko: Soko aspires to transform the status quo of how trade is conducted with emerging markets, to create a more ethical supply chain.
Soko is a catalyst for Global Supply Chain innovation, leveraging our proprietary ERP and mobile enterprise solutions in a distributed network of SME producers for a more ethical and agile production model.
We employ over 1200 artisans around Nairobi in a ‘Virtual Factory’ model that utilizes technology to enhance human productivity for greater reward.
Our commitment to ethical production has led to growing demand for our products from companies such as Nordstrom and Anthropologie, hundreds of boutiques, and thousands of online consumers.
Role: Soko is seeking a Software Engineer who will be a player to assist in developing our innovative supply chain solution.
We’re looking for persons who care about the quality of their code and who are passionate about providing the best solution to meet the end users’ needs and anticipate their future needs based on an understanding of the market
We are light on process and bureaucracy, but big on personal responsibility, we want a team player who wants to be a part of a high performance team and having shared ownership of our product vision which is crucial to succeeding at Soko.
- Work closely with Soko team in the design of strategic solutions for high market impact and penetration.
- Work with the software team in deployment and delivery of solutions using primarily agile development techniques.
- Take part in applications design, database design, data-flows and detailed technical design.
- Willing to innovate, experiment and fail fast to build robust solutions
- Designing, developing, documenting and testing web sites and applications
- Clear and concise technical documentation
- Unit-test code for robustness, including test cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage own time with changing priorities
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to go the extra mile to assist other team members
The Technical Stuff:
- Our most important technical requirement is learning how to figure things out
- Quality should be at the heart of everything you do. Along with the wider team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the application
- An excellent understanding of application design and architecture, including database interactions, server side scripting, form handling and general application development.
- Experienced in using Source Control (SVN/Git).
- Experience of using Agile development methods across a number of teams, automated builds and continuous integration.
- Expertise in building clean, api driven code
- Experience in interfacing with complex back-end systems
- Proven experience of Web Services integrations via API’s (Rest)
- Willing to work hard, learn and meet tight schedules
- BSc in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
How to Apply:
If interested in this amazing opportunity, passionate to innovate and grow within emerging markets while having fun, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title SOFTWARE ENGINEER CV
*Soko is an equal opportunity, anti-corruption, and affirmative action employer.
More information about Soko can be found on our website www.shopsoko.com.