2. Develop KICD-approved curriculum support materials which MUST capture the approaches, methods and skills for both teaching and learning at pre-school and lower primary levels for effectively implementing the Kenyan curriculum in the refugees’ schools and for voluntary repatriation preparedness to Somali for the Dadaab refugees.
AVSI Foundation invites competent Kenyan based Education Service provider (which MUST also be currently operating in Somalia) to present the best proposal for service provision of the 2 tasks stated above.
- Education Service provider Profile
- A 1 year proposal for teacher training complete with a syllabus for Somali language training detailing all the units/activities proposed for the training
- Record of pre-school Teacher Training program implemented and delivered in the last 3 years
- Documented collaboration in MoEST in implementing the Kenyan curriculum.
- VAT, PIN and TAX Compliance Certificate
- Audit reports for the last 3 years
- Tender dossier duly completed and signed in all its parts
- The technical team must have proven experience in pre-school and Lower primary teacher development and training skills in language and relevant experience in Somalia particularly working with Somalia government and/or INGO context.
- Professionally designed and all inclusive Somali language teachers traininng syllabus proposed for 1 year training
- Sound community mobilisation experiences in similar assignments humanitarian context
- Fluency in Somalia, English and Kiswahili is essential
- Community mobilization and networking skills by the consultants’ team members
- Proven experience in working with school children and capacity development skills
- Excellent report writing skills is mandatory
- Experience working in Dadaab refugee complex will be an added advantage
Manner of Submission
Tenders must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked, “TENDER No. AVSI /Nairobi/18/01/2016 deposited in a provided tender box in AVSI premises Nairobi ONLY not later than 16th Feb 2016 at 12.00 noon.
The tenders will be opened on the same day at 12.30 pm in the same offices.
All tenderers are invited for tender opening