Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for around 230 million passengers and moves about 4.1 million tonnes of cargo per annum in 120 warehouses operated worldwide on behalf of some 835 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at more than 289 airports in 48 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following positions of Ramp Supervisor (2 positions) based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Do you believe you have what it takes to lead a team in ensuring that an aircraft is turned around within tight turn-around times whilst maintaining high safety standards?
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff engagement – provide direction and guidance to a team pre, during and post flight towards achieving on time performance.
- Team management and resource planning through effective duty allocations.
- Ensure safe and punctual flight operations within a shift.
- Ensure proper reporting of shift operations to the Ramp Manager.
- Monitor equipment cleanliness; report unserviceable GSE to the maintenance department, ensure daily inventory of equipment and fuelling activity is undertaken.
- In consultation with DMO Coordinate equipment hire-in in a timely and cost effective manner and ensure that Hire-in data is captured and updated in real-time.
- Facilitate hire-out of equipment and ensure that relevant forms are submitted to Finance for invoicing within set timelines.
- Monitor and ensure that subcontracted services at Ramp are provided in accordance to contractual agreements.
- Monitor the departmental KPI trend.
- Enforce set rules and regulation and ensure that all processes are in accordance to the written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that the required resource in terms of personnel and GSE is available and serviceable.
- Promote a safe and conducive working environment within the department.
- Education: KCSE Mean C+, computer proficiency and must possess clean and valid driving license (BCDE).
- Experience: At least 2 years in a busy operational environment, Aviation industry experience will be an added advantage.
- Proven track record in managing teams and planning resources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: 22nd January 2016