- Ensure Nairobi office & guesthouse premises & maintenance is followed in good working order (water, electricity, generator, painting, fencing and security etc.)
- Ensure proper functioning of the Nairobi office & guesthouse equipment and maintenance (computers, printers, photocopiers, fridges, generators, etc.)
- Provide Nairobi office support to programme activities through the provision of needed supplies and equipment, performance and maintenance in the projects’ facilities, and other logistics needs arising during implementation
- To adhere and respect of Tdh Lausanne and donor guidelines in all aspect of purchase policies and procedures, quality control and the delivery of the purchases to final destination
- To make sure that the general purchase planning in Nairobi office is accurate and well followed
- To control and manage the purchase requests received from the field
- To follow up and support the purchase for the programme activities in Garissa County regarding Nairobi implemented purchases
- To ensure regular purchase follow up in close collaboration with finance, logistics and programme staff respectively, including vendor payments made in time together with monthly budget follow up
- To ensure appropriate and accountable documentation and filing of all purchase documents; PSRs/, BID analysis, POs, DRs, WBs
- To administer and control Nairobi supplier data base and performances
- Initiate and coordinate long term supply service contracts and/or long term frame agreements
- To ensure and document the transport of all programme supplies and equipment from Nairobi office to Garissa office
- Responsible for the vehicle rental and hiring of transportation; follow up of the contracts, for Nairobi office
- To ensure the good functioning of the Nairobi office vehicles and coordination of field vehicle service schedules intervals in Nairobi
- In coordination with programme & logistics staff to plan and organize vehicle movements between Nairobi and Garissa office
- Nairobi focal point for kiss movements from Nairobi to Garissa via Mwingi in conjunction with Garissa Logistics Officer
- To centralize , control and send to the Logistics, admin & finance Manager, Kenya all Nairobi fleet management files; log sheets, fuel consumption and copy of contracts on a monthly basis
- To support the maintenance of a proper transparent stock management system In Nairobi office and provide monthly inventory and asset management report to Logistics, administration & finance Manager, Kenya and HS logistic Lausanne
- Provide monthly logistics report with supporting documents to Logistics, administration & finance Manager, Kenya and HS logistic Lausanne .
- Ensure and facilitate logistics support communication and information sharing within the team and the department, and contribute to the overall team programme responsibilities.
- Work in close collaboration with other departments.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations
- Support and provide important security information and updates to Management team
- Qualification in Logistics or Supply Chain Management, or other areas related technically to Logistics, administration and support
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience with a local or International NGO
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in Nairobi
- Experience in logistics management, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- A team builder; must be culturally sensitive and have the ability and interest to identify and work with a multi-cultural team
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- High level of familiarity with computer word-processing, spreadsheet and database packages
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Tdh
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action
- Ability to drive with a valid driving license
The Application should be emailed to email@example.com – Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Closing date for these position is 8th February 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.