Vacancy: Technical Sales Manager / Mechanical Engineer
Our client, Geberit International Sales, is a Swiss multinational organisation that specializes in manufacturing and supplying sanitary parts and related systems.
They are looking to hire a Technical Sales Manager / Mechanical Engineer for their operations in Kenya.
Reporting to the Head of the Region (Sales Manager), the Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for carrying out special projects and tasks as well as developing the Kenyan and East African market.
The ideal candidate is more than a mechanical engineer.
S/he is an individual with experience in mechanical engineering that has strong communication skills and sales capabilities that involve translating and explaining highly complex technical information to customers and clients.
S/he must understand the technical aspects of the Geberit’s product line and propose how these aspects can benefit the customer pre- and post- sales.
Strong communication skills are needed to provide advice and support about the products, as s/he will be the key point of contact for Geberit clients and will ultimately be responsible for answering queries, providing technical advice, and introducing new products.
The Technical Sales Manager will specifically be responsible for:
- Conducting continued local market research and analysis to develop recommendations for the Kenyan market approach;
- Supporting the Regional Sales Manager in defining country-specific product assortments and finding suitable distribution partners;
- Identifying sales oriented as well as technical trainings for representative partners and their customers;
- Providing technical support to the Company’s sales partners within Kenya;
- Calculating, designing and managing of projects;
- Organizing and conducting local workshops and site visits in Kenya as well as conducting customer care;
- Organizing and conducting visits, factory tours and trainings in Switzerland and Germany;
- Using CRM for all sales activities (customer visit planning, contact reports, project information etc.); and
- Consulting and supporting of sanitary and piping systems.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical Engineering;
- Be a registered member with Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- A minimum of five (5) years professional experience working in the building industry and/or plumbing/sanitary industry;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Kenyan building industry and/or plumbing/sanitary industry;
- Technical sales and communication skills to articulate Geberit Group products;
- Experience in working on construction sites;
- Must have knowledge of MS Office, CRM, CAD (AutoCAD);
- Excellent verbal ,written, interpersonal, communication , and presentation skills;
- Ability to lead, negotiate, solve problems, and adapt and to work well in high pressure environment;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and be customer centered;
- Strategic thinking skills
- Be innovative and creative;
- Be a trust worthy individual with high integrity;
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Be an excellent team player who is able to work well with others; and
- Have an interest in working for an international company.
How to Apply
If you qualify for this position based on the criteria listed above, please send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The cover letter should detail the candidate’s mechanical engineering background and sales experience as they relate to the qualifications listed above.
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted